What is Foodbank? In 2013, we partnered with other churches in the area to establish the Norwood and Brixton foodbank, managed by our very own Jon Taylor. Foodank is as simple as the name suggests; it is a store of food and other basic provisions that is drawn upon in a time crisis. We provide emergency food for clients via a voucher referel system, and distribute non-perishable food via donations from the local community. We are supported by an amazing team of enthusistic volunteers. We don't simply provide food, but also offer debt, housng and benefit advice thanks to the incredible Brixton advice centre that are based on site. Our volunteers will also sign-post to further help, offer refreshments, a listening ear, and prayer.
Sounds amazing! How can I help? There are a number of ways people can help:
- by volunteering - click here
- by donating food and other non-perishable items (check here for urgent needs)
- by donating money for the actual running costs - click here
- spreading the word
- becoming a front-line voucher supplier
- coming along to a food collection in a local supermarket
- taking food collections in your place of work
- fund raising
- warehouse sorting
- applying for grants
New and exciting roles are always appearing, even two hours can really help to make a difference.
How do I stay in the loop? To keep on top of all the developments as they happen you can follow the Foodbank online: Website - Facebook - Twitter. and for those less media savy, you can aways talk to Jon on a Sunday!